It is a honor to bring back BJJ black belt Andre “Tim” Monteiro. Andre is known for having a vast knowledge of the game, a killer half guard, and a overall nice guy.
We talk about:
- His team A-Force BJJ
- Mistakes people make when they learn a lot from youtube
- Tips on teaching a seminar
- Running a school and traveling
- Keeping an open mind to learning jiu-jitsu
- Leaving your BJJ school
- Off the mat training
- Changes in his game over the last few years
- Why he is getting more submissions in compeititon
- The goals he has set for himself and his business
Quote of the week: “It’s always better to attack than to defend,” Coram had told her when they talked about fencing late at night. “Always. Ye don’t win with defense–ye only hold the other feller off, or wear him down. Attack and have done with it!” ― Tamora Pierce, Alanna: The First Adventure
Article of the week: Saying “I do” to the Right BJJ School
The Life lesson this week was about making the most of a disappointing tournament.
Catch us next week for another episode of The BjjBrick Podcast