This week we talk to Ricardo Almeida black belt Eddie Fyvie. Eddie is organizing an innovative tournament called the Rickson Gracie Cup. This tournament will feature both BJJ, self-defense, and a seminar by Rickson Gracie.
We talk about:
- The Rickson Gracie Cup September 9 and 10
- A Rickson Gracie seminar the evening of September 10
- Promoting self defense with BJJ
- The basic rules for the self defense contest
- What is was like to host the biggest BJJ seminar in US history
- Teaching BJJ to 320 people at the same time
- What does self defense bring to jiu-jitsu
- Not having advantages in this tournament
- Using a stalling clock like a shot clock
- Giving incentives for competitors to finish the match
Quote of the week: “You must not fight too often with one enemy, or you will teach him all your art of war.” Napoleon Bonaparte
Article of the week: Understand Where The Danger Is! And Don’t Be There!
A special thank you to Berry White for making a brief appearance!
Catch us next week for another episode of The BjjBrick Podcast