In this Episode of the BjjBrick Podcast we learn about Masahiko Kimura. Otherwise known as Kimura. Kimura changed the history of martial arts and had a fascinating life. I hope you enjoy this episode as we try to discover the rarely told truth about Masahiko Kimura; a person, a move, a Legend.
- In the video you can learn from the top submission wrestling coach John Danaher, as he shows you how to do “the perfect Kimura” https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p-6lmaseoGI
- This video shows Kimura doing his famous arm lock and using his thumbs. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vyTmglVNYxQ
- Part 1 of Kimura vs Rikidozan https://youtu.be/ykZe3DI_81o
- Part 2 of Kimura vs Rikidozan https://youtu.be/wtwqmU2eV6M
- Choque: The Untold Story of Jiu-Jitsu in Brazil Volume 2, 1950-1960
- Global training report
- Kimura: The Triumphs and Tragedy of One of Judo’s Greatest and Most Controversial Judo Champions
- My Judo by MASAHIKO KIMURA
This episode we talk about The Art of War by Sun Tzu. We cover how BJJ relates to chapter 2 waging war. We talk about the cost and benefits of doing BJJ.
We talk about: The art of war chapter to and Jiu-jitsu The art of war chapter 2 can be found here https://suntzusaid.com/book/2
Paragraph 1 Sun Tzu said: In the operations of war, where there are in the field a thousand swift chariots, as many heavy chariots, and a hundred thousand mail-clad soldiers
Paragraph 2 When you engage in actual fighting, if victory is long in coming, then men’s weapons will grow dull and their ardor will be damped. If you lay siege to a town, you will exhaust your strength.
Paragraph 5 Thus, though we have heard of stupid haste in war, cleverness has never been seen associated with long delays.
Paragraph 17 Therefore in chariot fighting, when ten or more chariots have been taken, those should be rewarded who took the first.
- BjjBrick Shop
- Your First Year of Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu
- Six BJJ Training Games to Play While Rolling
- Your support is appreciated on Patreon