Podcast: Play in new window | Download
BjjBrick Radio Episode 1- Train leg locks safely
The BjjBrick Podcast is in iTunes, and Stitcher radio
- Practice leg locks- The more you understand and train leg locks the safer you will be.
- Don’t force the leg lock- Submissions should not take all your strength to work. Don’t strain too hard, be smooth.
- Control your partner- Before you start applying the pressure have good control of your training partner.
- Work leg locks with more skilled people- Avoid putting leg locks on new practitioners; they will be more likely to get injured.
- Tap when you get caught- It’s no big deal, if you get caught just tap.
- Be aware of your own feet- You are often in danger when you are attacking someone’s leg.
- Tips for when to tap to- Heel hooks, Achilles lock, and Toe hold.
Quote of the week- “Absorb what is useful, discard what is not, add what is uniquely your own.” Bruce Lee
Article- “It’s All in the Hips: Hip Care 101 for BJJ Practitioners” By Samuel Spiegelman
Legal Leg Locks for BJJ by Roli Delgado– The App Gary talked about.