Podcast: Play in new window | Download
The BjjBrick Podcast is in iTunes, Stitcher radio, and RSS link for Andriod
This week we bring you an interview with Dan Covel. Dan is a BJJ black belt training under Marcelo Garcia. You can find him on the mats in Hoboken, New Jersey and in Manhattan, New York.
We talk about:
- Starting martial arts with Judo
- Doing MMA at age 17
- Using the closed guard
- What makes the closed guard such a strong position
- How to pass the closed guard
- Getting the most out of kids BJJ
- Why he stores his tournament medals in a drawer
- The benefits of competing
- The use of BJJ in a street fight
- What he does to get ready to compete
- Good goals for new students
- Dan’s Black Magic Closed Guard DVD use coupon code “bjjbrick” for 15% off this dvd at budo videos!
- Dan’s Facebook page
- Dan on Twitter
- Dan’s school in Mahattann
- Dan’s school in Hoboken
Quote of the week: “Men who wish to know about the world must learn about it in its particular details.” Heraclitus
Article of the week: Character building from Goulburn Martial Arts Academy Helping kids deal with bullies.
This week we learn how to say “good bye” in Portuguese with part two of our language learning segment.
Gary’s future book is called “defensive driving, offensive driving, and driving over the neighbor’s fensive”
Catch us next week for another episode of The BjjBrick Podcast