This week we bring part 2 of our interview with BJJ black belt Kristina Barlaan. Kristina is a top level black belt competitor under Caio Terra. She recently took silver at worlds her first year in the black belt division.
We talk about:
- Her competition history at worlds
- Competing in the adult division vs the masters division
- Getting sliver her first time in the black belt division
- The mental side of competing against people you have watched for years
- Her strategy for doing the open weight division as a light feather weight
- Her plans for the rest of 2016
- Advice for people doing their first tournament
- Accepting being nervous
- Dealing with the difficult things that come with tough training
Quote of the week: “Tell me and I forget. Teach me and I remember. Involve me and I learn.” Benjamin Franklin
Article of the week: “How to train and adult at the same time”
Gary tells us about his upcoming audio book about BJJ and Tap dancing.
Catch us next week for another episode of The BjjBrick Podcast