This week we have a important topic about bringing a friend to BJJ class. When you bring a friend you want them to have a good exposure to the martial art. This episode we have lots of tips about bringing a friend to their first BJJ class.
We talk about:
- The benefits of bringing your friend to class
- The goal of safety and fun for your friend
- Taking away the initial stress of going to their first class
- Why you should be at the class for their first day
- Tricks for remembering names
- How to get them to have fun on the mat
- Telling them about the format of the class
- What to do after the class is over
- Why people may want to try a class
- The follow up phone call the next day
Quote of the week: “Death is certain life is not” presented by Brent Lillard
Article of the week: How Do You Measure Progress?
Catch us next week for another episode of The BjjBrick Podcast
Gary’s audio book this week is called “measuring up your submissions, Subs for people who are over 7 ft tall”