This week we have an interview with one of Europe’s top competitors Espen Mathiesen. In this interview Espen shares many training tips he has developed training in Norway.
We talk about:
- What is like competing against black belts
- Why it is important to have a passion for jiu-jitsu
- The state of jiu-jitsu in Norway
- His training schedules
- Dealing with injuries and avoiding injuries
- Why resistance is vital to his training
- Sparing less and active drilling more
- Advice for blue belts do develop a game plan
- Why it is important for him to be flexible
- The advantages of training with a small team
- The importance of visualizing your performance
Quote of the week: “The young man knows the rules, but the old man knows the exceptions.” Oliver Wendell Holmes, Sr.
Article of the week: New Study Proves BJJ’s Effectiveness Against Stress
Catch us next week for another episode of The BjjBrick Podcast
This is the second time we share a off the mat story this one is about Byron’s dog with 3 legs.