Podcast: Play in new window | Download
This episode we have an interview with 3rd degree black belt Diego Gamonal. Diego trains under Professor Ricardo Marques. You will find him training and teaching in San Antonio Texas.
We talk about:
- His start with BJJ in 1998
- The culture of Brazilian Top Team
- His strategy for competing
- Advice for your first tournament to help you keep it in perspetive
- Why he likes to have a beginners class
- How he does belt testing
- Having a women’s only class
- The importance of learning how to teach before you get a black belt
- How to help kids discover BJJ
- His new DVD The Invisible Armbar
Tip: Eat better the days you train.
Question: What are some things you can do to slow someone down?
Catch us next week for another episode of The BjjBrick Podcast
The BjjBrick Podcast is in iTunes, Stitcher radio, and Google Play Music for Andriod