Podcast: Play in new window | Download
This episode of BJJ Brick Extra we have BTT Black belt Fernando Halfeld. Professor Halfeld is from Brazil and has been training jiu jitsu 17 years. While he has won multiple medals at IBJJF tournaments, his major victories have been 3rd place at Worlds, 1st place in the South American Championship, and 2nd and 3rd place at the Brazilian Nationals. Fernandos students are following in his footsteps. Most notably his student Ruben Gonzalez won the IBJJF worlds, master purple belt 2017. The accomplishment he is most proud of, however, is the establishment and growth of his school Brazilian Top Team, Lake Jackson.
We talk about:
- Fernando starting BJJ as the only kid in a class of adults
- Moving to the United States from Brazil
- Learning to understand English
- Teaching BJJ to kids
- Bullying in schools
- The goals of a kids class
- Teaching self defense classes
- Advice on starting BJJ if you are a little older than most on the mat
- Getting ready for a tournament
- Brazilian Top Team
- Running a BJJ school
Tip of the month: How to stay active while away from the mats for an extended period.
Question of the month: How many gis should I own?
Catch us next week for another episode of The BjjBrick Podcast
The BjjBrick Podcast is in iTunes, Stitcher radio, and Google Play Music for Andriod