This week we have an interview with brown belt Mason Fowler. Mason has recently won the ADCC West Coast Trials for the 99 Kg division.
We talk about:
- His start to Jiu-Jitsu
- The decision to do BJJ full time
- Changing from MMA to BJJ
- Lessons learned from MMA and rugby
- Doing both gi and no-gi
- His performance at the ADCC trials
- What Mason was like as a lower belt
- Dealing with a loss on the mats
- Getting a good warm up
- Tips for the hobbiest grappler
Quote of the week: “It is the fight alone that Pleases us, not the victory.” Blaise Pascal
Article of the week: What role do sports play in the mental health of children?
Catch us next week for another episode of The BjjBrick Podcast