Podcast: Play in new window | Download
The BjjBrick Podcast is in iTunes, Stitcher radio, and RSS link for Andriod
Sam Spiegelman is a author and strength and conditioning coach. Sam is a Brown Belt in Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu under Mark Vives, he trains at New Breed Training Center. He has written a bunch of great articles on Breaking Muscle. Sam is also available for online consultations.
We talk about:
- What brought him to BJJ
- Strength and conditioning for BJJ
- Strength and conditioning for people who are new to the mats
- Training differently for your particular game or style.
- Off the mat training for BJJ
- Doing a self assessment of your strength
- The importance of having your body strength balanced to help you be efficient
- Why people gas out on the mats
- Increasing your cardio for BJJ
- Staying motivated with your off the mat training
- The importance of having a healthy diet
- Starting BJJ after having a sedentary lifestyle
- Advice for doing your first tournament
- Goals for students their first 6 months and year
Links for Sam Spiegelman:
Quote of the week: “Know your why? Chris Easter
Article of the week: 5 Competition Essentials
Support Amber as she chokes cancer out!
Catch us next week for another episode of The BjjBrick Podcast