This was back attack month but no one is training due to Covid-19. Lets work on our off the mat training. Weight, flexibility, cardio, mobility, and eating healthy.
Join the Bjj By The Month Group Here https://www.facebook.com/groups/2518368208286581/
This month we will be working on taking the back, keeping the back and getting the submission.
Here are some great details from Ryan Hall from a variety of topics relating to the back.
In this video John Danaher shows a key concept to controlling an opponent.
Here John Danaher shows great details to the Rear Naked Choke.
A Critical Concept That Stops Your Opponent from Escaping Rear Mount with Stephan Kesting.
So you did a arm drag from standing… now what? Here Dante Leon shows you some great details on getting the back.
Podcast: Play in new window | Download
This week we talk about having a guard that is designed to submit your opponent. We have been working on our submission guards for a month now as part of the Bjj By The Month program.
We talk about:
- Our experiences and failures over the last month
- The Facebook group BJJ by the month https://www.facebook.com/groups/2518368208286581/
- The advantage to your training by staying in guard and attacking
- Using sweeps to setup submissions
- How our guards have changed over the years
- The required ability to recover guard if it gets passed
- What we are working on next month
Quote of the week: “Eyes are useless when the mind is blind” unknown
Catch us next week for another episode of The BjjBrick Podcast
The BjjBrick Podcast is in iTunes, Stitcher radio, and Google Play Music for Andriod