This week we have an interview with Gina Franssen. Gina is Minnesota’s first female Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu Black Belt. You can find her at her female focused gym X2 Fitness. We cover a wide range of topics in this interview.
We talk about:
- What BJJ was like for women fourteen years ago
- How she was involved in a women’s only BJJ school
- Adding men to what was once a women’s only BJJ school
- What she looks for in quality male training partners
- How she got started in martial arts
- A tip to find a gym while traveling
- Advice for women starting BJJ
- Why it is important to learn to be comfortable being uncomfortable
Quote of the week: People seldom refuse help, if one offers it in the right way. A. C. Benson
Article of the week: Drilling: How To Get the Most Out Of It
The Referee Corner Epi 4: Why does the referee alter the gi?
Catch us next week for another episode of The BjjBrick Podcast