Podcast: Play in new window | Download
This week we have in interview with 61 year old purple belt Dave Brown. Dave has had several live changing results from BJJ. This interview Dave shares his story of weight loss and success on the competitive mats.
We talk about:
- His start to BJJ after watching his son in a tournament
- His wrestling background
- How BJJ got his health going in the right direction
- Working with his doctor to be safe with his training
- His off the mat training of weights and running
- Competing as a blue belt
- Getting his purple belt
- Training with his son
- Dealing with being sore and injuries
- His goals for Masters Worlds
- Doing at least one tournament a month
- The advantage of his schedule
Quote of the week: “The fire service is 150 years of tradition unimpeded by progress.” Old fire saying
We answer a question about what someone who has been training for about a year should be working on.
Catch us next week for another episode of The BjjBrick Podcast
The BjjBrick Podcast is in iTunes, Stitcher radio, and Google Play Music for AndriodThis entry was posted in Uncategorized by byronjabara. Bookmark the permalink.