Are you a little (or a lot) older than most of your training partners? Today Gary and Byron speak from their experience and offer advice to the aging grapplers out their doing Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu.
We talk about:
- Age on the mat is relative
- How to roll the odometer back on your mat age
- Changing the way you view yourself
- Dealing with your own ego as you age
- Making changes to your game to fit to your body
- Getting better with age
- Finding joy in watching your team get better
- Benefits of being a little older
- Tips for starting BJJ as an older student
- Setting a schedule that is healthy for training
Quote of the week: “Age is an issue of mind over matter. If you don’t mind, it doesn’t matter.” Mark Twain
Article of the week: Training Partners Trump All
Byron pulls two pranks on Gary one that spans 5 episodes about Gary taking your back literally. The other is Byron saying song titles with the word time in them during the show.
Catch us next week for another episode of The BjjBrick Podcast