This week we have an interview with Olympic bronze medalist greco roman wrestler Adam Wheeler. This interview covers a wide range of topics from BJJ competitions to his off the mat career in public service.
We talk about:
- Starting jiu-jitsu
- Picking jiu-jitsu up again after the Olympics
- Getting his black belt in about four years
- Using his greco roman wrestling in jiu-jitsu
- His instructional DVD Upper Body Takedowns for Grappling
- Training tips
- Why it is important to train takedowns
- Changing from law enforcement to fire fighting
- Being a firefighter
Quote of the week: “The paradox is that sometimes you have to get worse before you get better.” Gary Mack
Article of the week: The Optimal State of Arousal
The BjjBrick podcast has been rated as the number 2 podcast in martial arts. Check this link out to find other great martial arts podcast.
Catch us next week for another episode of The BjjBrick Podcast