Podcast: Play in new window | Download
The BjjBrick Podcast is in iTunes, Stitcher radio, and RSS link for Andriod
This week Sam Spiegelman answers your questions about strength and conditioning. Sam is a Brown Belt in Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu under Mark Vives, he trains at New Breed Training Center. He has written a bunch of great articles on Breaking Muscle. Sam is also available for online consultations.
Sam answers these questions:
- How often should you train when you are new to BJJ?
- What level of Jiu-Jitsu class is best to start with?
- Should I do extra cardio to get in shape for BJJ?
- What are the benefits of joint mobility?
- What is a quick and healthy breakfast?
- When cutting weight is it necessary to run?
- Do you need to compete in BJJ to get better?
- How many times per week should I strength train?
- What should your exceptions be if you are just starting a strength program?
- What is the best strength and condition program for BJJ?
- Applied Strength and Conditioning
- New Breed Training Center
- Facebook Twitter
- Breaking Muscle
- Epi 82 BJJ, Strength, and Conditioning with Sam Spiegelman
Quote of the week: “Frustration is a useless emotion” Amanda Lowen
Article of the week: “What Sharpens Iron?” sandhillsbjj
Catch us next week for another episode of The BjjBrick Podcast